September 22, 2021
On October 9th and 10th, TFFT will welcome teachers to its inaugural Rethinking Education Convention, bringing teachers together from across the region for a unique professional development opportunity. This convention is designed to provide a platform for educators to be able to explore the issues facing Tanzanian students today and learn about evidence based best-practice teaching that can meet our students where they are at. A large-scale teachers’ training convention for teachers in the Arusha region will strengthen educational networks and raise the profile of teachers in Tanzania. The convention will be self-sustaining, as local educators are both running the workshops and attending the workshops. Creating a culture of collaborative learning and exploration of teaching innovations will not only re-inspire teachers, but also give them the means of doing something practical with this inspiration. Through actively building the network of educators across the Arusha region, those connected will be better resourced and feel more supported to try new things and continue sharing with others.There are opportunities for people to get involved in this convention as a participant, as a presenter, as a speaker, a panelist, and as a sponsor. It’s not too late to sponsor a teacher to attend and provide them with the necessary resources for the convention. Please consider being involved in one of the following ways!
- $20 – Stationery and resources for one teacher. This includes a convention pack (folder of teaching resources, bound copy of the convention booklet in English or Swahili, daily stationery requirements), handouts and resources for workshops selected, plus COVID-19 protective accessories (masks and sanitizer).
- $90 –Provide full attendance for one local teacher. This includes their transport to and from the convention, two meals, COVID-19 protective accessories and COVID-safe venue usage for the duration of the convention.
- $125 – Provide full attendance for one remote teacher.
This includes their transport to and from the convention, two nights’ accommodation, all meals, COVID-19 protective accessories and COVID-safe venue usage for the duration of the convention.
- $270 – Provide full attendance for three local teachers.
This includes their transport to and from the convention, two meals, COVID-19 protective accessories, and venue usage for the duration of the convention.
- $500 – Provide diverse support. This includes the full attendance costs for three local teachers, full attendance for one remote teacher, stationery (including convention publications), and resources for five attending teachers, plus the resource costs for one local presenter to present their workshop session.
To make your donation, click here. Thank you for empowering Tanzanian students by improving the quality of education teachers are able to deliver.
Tanzanian educators are the best providers of ideas and resources best suited to Tanzanian classrooms. The convention is designed to provide many opportunities for participants to showcase ideas they have tried and resources they have developed – even those that haven’t really worked. Prizes will be offered for innovative ideas and resources shared with other participants. As education is the best way out of poverty, improving the support for teachers and building the morale of teachers is essential to offering a brighter future for Tanzanian students. Increasing the opportunities for professional development and developing a stronger network of teachers built out of a greater emphasis on the value and influence of teachers, will help everyone begin the process of facilitating change that improves educational outcomes for all.